Editor’s Note: This was written in early November and my views have changed a bit, but I’ve decided to post this now for posterity
The last 12 weeks have been great. It helped me figure out what to do with my life:
I am a software engineer on sabbatical. I am working on applying technology to real estate in Toronto.
But my sabbatical is constrained by money and and thus constrained by time. It’s now time for focus.
Projects which will be focusing on:
- Lobbying in Toronto
- Build a great way to search and visualize data published by the City of Toronto’s Lobbyist Registrar
- TRREB MLS Search Engine
- Build a Virtual Office Website for TRREB’s MLS to make it easier for Realtor and their clients to search for properties in Toronto
- Open Map of Toronto
- Combine open data sources to create a better view of Toronto. Definitely Property Boundaries and Address Points (Municipal) - Toronto One Address Repository , plus some more data from the City of Toronto’s Open Data Portal and other data sources
- Bits, Bips and Bricks
- Write more regularly and about more topics
- The vibe that I am going for:
I really like this. It's helpful in getting over the little voice in my head that says "It's not as good as the writers you admire" https://t.co/h0HzKUrQSm— Ram Vasuthevan (in SF Oct 31 - Nov 7) (@RamVasuthevan) July 26, 2023
I will also work on side projects, especially if they align with my goal of applying technology to real estate but it is now time to impose a discipline on myself.